How To Use The Toolbar
The Lancastrian IT Toolbar really is easy to use and in the following instructions I will show you how easy so you can get the most out of the Toolbar.
Lancastrian IT Section
Under this menu all the links are just single click and have the following functions:
- Support - Click on this link and you will be taken to the support section of Lancastrian IT
- Using the Toolbar - Click on this link and you will be taken to instructions on how to use the Toolbar
- Clear search history - Clears the Search history of the Toolbar / Remembered items in the Search Box
- Update the Toolbar - Checks for an update to the Toolbar Online by checking with the Lancastrian IT Web site
- Uninstall the Toolbar - Uninstall's the Toolbar completely from your computer
- Contact Us - Click on this link and you will be taken to the Lancastrian Contact page
- About Us - Click on this link and you will be taken to information about Lancastrian IT
A lot of the Toolbar uses the Search Box shown below:
The Search Box is where you type any words or phrases you want to search online with. The Toolbar will remember the last 20 Search Terms you use (these can be wiped by using the 'C;lear Search History' option under Lancastrian IT Section).
The default search engine is Google, so what does that mean to me? Well if you type in Smurfs in to the Search Box and then press Enter / Return the Toolbar will search on Google as if you had gone to their web site Once the search term is entered in the box you can also click on the Google icon on the Toolbar, this will run the same search.
To search using other search engines and web sites, you enter the search term as you would for Google but instead you click on the arrow to the right of the Google icon which will cause a 'Drop Down' menu to appear,
you then just select which other Search Engine or Site you want to search using your mouse. After you have done your search, the Search Term is still shown in the Search Box, this allows you to quickly select another Search Engine or Site to search without retyping (great for surfing).
The eBay section is a mixture of Toolbar functions.
The main feature of the eBay section is the Search. This is similar to all previous searches described. Enter your 'Search Term' in the 'Search Box' as before but this time click on the eBay icon with your mouse, this will then perform a search on ebay.co.uk . If you are not in the UK the Toolbar should then search on an appropriate eBay for your locale from this list, US, AU, BE, IN, CA, FR, IT, ES and NL (Untested Currently).
In the picture above you will notice that the eBay section has a 'Drop Down' menu which allows Lancastrian IT to put more features in. The items in the 'Drop Down' menu are all links and do the following functions:
- My eBay - Click on this link and you will be taken to your 'My eBay'
- Sign In / Sign Out - Click on this link and you will either signed in (password required) or signed out of eBay
- Paypal Link - Click on this link and you will be taken to Paypal.com
- Lancastrian IT Products on eBay - Click on this link and you will be taken to an eBay page showing products for sale by Lancastrian IT
- Selected eBay Products - Click on this link and you will be taken to a page showing selected eBay products
- Want IT Now! Link - Click on this link and you will be taken to eBay Want It Now!
- Register On eBay Link - Click on this link and you will be taken to a page where you can register for eBay
This section allows you to search Online High Street Shops.
Just enter your Search Term in the Search Box (or selected a previously used term using the Drop Down Arrow on the Search Box), then click on the 'Shopping Button' ( although it has a Drop Down Arrow and you can click there instead, 'Shopping' is just one button), the Toolbar will then search that shop for you and display the results in you web browser as normal.
This section works mostly without any extra effort but the Sports section and some TV Portals (only a few) will require software to be installed so the TV section is dealt with on another page called 'How To Use Toolbar TV'. Click on the link or you can use the link in the TV help section in the Toolbar.
That's it, there is no more you need to know to use this Toolbar. Once you have used it a couple of times it will become second nature and you will wonder how you coped without it.